Saturday 31 December 2011

New Years? More like Groundhog Day!

Am I alone in feeling that sometimes New Years feels more like Groundhog Day? Resolutions, ideas, plans that I had years ago for the upcoming year have been repeated, repeatedly, meaning that I'm not actually doing the things I want to be doing or making the changes I want to be making. In fact I think it would be safe to say that I make said resolutions approximately once a week. I've decided that 2012 has to be different, it must, for my own sanity. It's not been an easy past few years and I don't know that another like it will be received particularly well on all accounts. I also realise that it's all down to me to make this happen. One thing that I have always done is keep my frustration at myself to myself. I haven't made the changes I want to make but this year I'm making it a public thing. I'm taking you all on this journey with me. I'm giving myself a year to work on these resolutions that have been building over the past few years and become the person I want to be. I want to be a happier person. I want to have educated opinions. I want to work harder. I want to be a better friend. I want to be someone that inspires others. I'm rekindling this blog as I love to write and through writing I can take you all on this journey with me and in fact it is already step one in the process as writing more is only one of my resolutions. Now I just need to publish it for all the world to see and therefore hitting on resolution number 2: start a blog based on and around the next year of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment