Thursday 26 January 2012

2 Down 1 To Go...

It's nearing the end of the second day of the Enlightening Detox. Day 1 was pretty easy. Even sitting watching my colleague devour a McDonalds double cheeseburger and fries while I drank some hot tea. I made it to the gym in the morning as I knew I'd never be able to work out in the afternoon without having had anything to eat other than juice. It was a busy day so I literally had no time to think about food between breakfast and lunch which was nice. We were on the road for work in the afternoon so I was pretty hungry by the time I got home but with the timing of everything I had my 'evening meal', a cup of 'cleansing' tea, read my book, and was asleep in no time.

Today has been a bit different, the novelty has worn off. While I did make it to the gym before work, it has been a bit more of a struggle as I was stuck at my desk all day long. This meant I had plenty of time to think about food and watch the clock until it was time to drink again. I thought about everyone else's lunches, the open bag of chocolates just sitting on someones desk, the jar of huge gobstoppers in the kitchen, all the food in the fridge in the kitchen, the food I was going to eat tomorrow (I kept forgetting there is still another day), the food I was going to eat on Saturday, the food I was going to eat on Sunday, and so I finally had to go and buy some gum to chew on something.

The juices and smoothies have actually been pretty good. They are flavourful and actually fairly filling which is nice when you are starving and only have some juice. I was pleasantly surprised, thought I would be left still hungry but it's actually been OK. It's more of the craving food rather than hunger that's been my problem. That's clearly one of my biggest downfalls, that I eat when I'm not hungry. I just wanted to go buy a big bag of pretzels and pour a glass of wine tonight but I didn't let myself, it's only 3 days, I can do this.

Tomorrow I am on the road from early on so I'll have to get up crazy early to do some juicing and take it all with me for the day. I'm travelling up to the north east of England to a town charmingly called Grimsby, doesn't sound nice to me either. As it's the last day I will just have to keep telling myself that to get through and not crack. Let's just hope that Grimsby doesn't have amazing food, somehow I doubt it...

As for this Enlightening that's supposed to occur, I'm not sure it's happened yet. I'll keep an eye out for it. I'm not sure if it quietly drifts in and I don't even realise it or if it comes screeching in and headbutts me but I don't really feel Enlightened yet, just hungry so I should probably go to bed to avoid the Salted Caramel Popcorn Ice Cream by Heston Blumenthol in my freezer, but who's thinking about that...

No comments:

Post a Comment